Before you join any Florida Medicare Advantage Plan, make sure you understand that Medicare Advantage Plan’s rules, co-pays, etc.
You can do this best by consulting with an independent agent or broker who is appointed with a range of different plans.
The Medicare Rights Center, the largest independent non-profit source of Medicare information and assistance in the U.S., encourages you to consider 6 key points – namely: choice of doctor; ease of access to specialists without unexpected bills; coverage away from home; prescription drug coverage; and whether the plan works with Medicaid.
Conversations with your health care providers, your friends and family members, and with the health plan representatives and agents may help define what a particular plan will offer you.
Here are some of the questions the Medicare Rights Center suggests you ask and receive answers to before you enroll in a Florida Medicare Advantage Plan:
- Will I be able to use my doctors in a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- Are my preferred doctors in the Medicare Advantage Plan’s network?
- Are my preferred doctors taking new patients?
- Do my doctors recommend joining this plan?
- What will happen if my doctors leave the plan?
- Which specialists, hospitals, home health agencies and skilled nursing facilities are in the plan’s network?
- What extra benefits does the plan offer? (dental services, vision care, gym memberships, etc) and what rules do I have to follow to get them?
- Are my prescription drugs on the plan’s formulary?
- Are there limits or caps to prescription drug coverage?
- Do I have to pay a monthly premium? If so, how much is it?
- How much is my co-payment for a visit with my Primary Care Physician or specialist?
- How much will I pay for brand-name drugs? How much for generic drugs?
- How much will I pay for a hospital stay?
- How much will I pay if I use a non-network doctor or hospital?
- Are there higher co-pays for certain types of care, such as hospital stays or cancer treatment?
- What service area does the plan cover?
- What kind of coverage do I have if I travel outside of the service area?
At Florida Medicare Supplement Insurance, we can help answer these questions for you!
“Neil has been extremely helpful in helping me find the right Medicare Advantage plan. His knowledge saved me a lot of time.
I would highly recommend him!”
Enrollment in any Medicare health insurance plan deserves a lot of homework because the Medicare plan you choose can affect the kind of care you receive as well as impact you financially. For more details about Medicare Advantage Plans or any Medicare health insurance questions, contact
Neil Primack at Florida Medicare Supplement Insurance (561) 935-3907 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.